My Philosophy

When considering my future classroom, finding the right approach to classroom management and behavioral supports and interventions is going to take time to develop. This summer I had the opportunity to learn different practices that I can utilize in my classroom. Some of the practices I intend to use are:

  • Social Emotional Learning (SEL)
  • Restorative Practices
  • Trauma-Informed Teaching
  • Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
As a special education teacher, I hold a strong belief that all children have an equal right to quality education. I strive to incorporate student learning in an inclusive and restorative setting. Disability does not equate to inability, and by being inclusive, I can help foster an environment where neurodiversity is celebrated and treated as an asset not only to the classroom, but as well as the school and community. I will be able to create and maintain a safe environment that enables students of all levels to explore and discover new concepts. While utilizing the practices I learned over the summer, I will be able to create meaningful relationships with students. 

Comments

Popular Posts